Liza Mendoza - Owner/CEO/President/Janitor
My fitness journey started just like many of my clients. The fact that I could no longer bend over to tie my shoes I knew I needed to make a change. Fast forward 70 lbs later, my love for fitness gave me the drive to become a Personal Trainer to help people who were just starting the same journey I had been on.
I have been teaching for over 10 years. It's easy to say that it is my passion, but it is so much more than that. Not only do I practice what I preach, fitness is also my love AND my hobby. Nothing fills my heart more than helping people and watching them grow in themselves through fitness.
I started LP 6 years ago, sub leasing from other gyms until June of 2019, when my dreams finally came true and I opened my OWN gym! It is one of my proudest moments in my life. It has always been my biggest priority to have a gym with a vibe and community that my clients are comfortable calling home!
The minute you walk into LP you are greeted with the smiling faces of my dedicated and genuinely loving staff. There is always dope and motivating music, and my graffiti wall with inspirational words staring you in the face during every workout. There really is no gym like my gym!
Fun Fact about me:
I was part of a traditional Mexican Dance Group called Zapatos Alergras for 10 years.
Mary Urtel - Trainer/Marketing Mastermind
- I have been teaching with LP since August 2019 but was a member for 2 years prior to becoming an instructor. I grew up with little to no fitness background. After getting to a point in my life where I wanted to take my health into my own hands, I was introduced to LP Fitness and fell in love with the people, the environment, and Liza's mission.
- Fitness has become very important to me, not for just myself, but in my want and need to help people. I love cheering for, witnessing and being a part of everyone's individual journeys. It is because of the members at LP Fitness that I once worked out next to, and knowing there wouldn't be a better fitting gym or fitness mentor for me, that made me want to become an instructor.
- One thing that people may not know about me is that I have lost over 100lbs. Knowing what I do now, I wish I had the tools and drive back then that I do now to get a hold of my health sooner. But I say, "No better day than today!" It's never too late to start something new.
Jen Muehlhausen - Trainer/Web Wizard
-- I have been teaching at LP Fitness since August of 2019 but have been in the fitness industry and instructing for 20 years. I've been certified in numerous formats and LOVE instructing/coaching classes and helping people achieve their goals!
- When I was in my 20’s I was looking for a way to get healthy, get in to shape, and have fun doing it! But I had no idea where to start. So I started going to different classes and fell in love with not only with the workouts but with the energy and community. I always felt welcomed and I loved the sense of community that the classes provided. Eventually I caught the eye of a Group Fitness Manager at a gym and I started my journey as an instructor!
- In July 2019 I received a message from Liza asking me if I would be interested in teaching for her at LP. I had been watching her journey with LP Fitness and I knew that's where I belonged.
- What people may not know about me is that I love listening to 70's love songs. I could listen to them all day long.
Tonya Vyhidal - Trainer/Restorative Guru
- I have been part of the fitness industry since the early 1990's. In my early years as an instructor I taught a variety of fitness classes like kickboxing, cardio step (old school), body pump, cycling, and yoga. While the types of classes that I teach have changed, I still enjoy participating a variety of fitness classes and challenging myself in new ways. LP Fitness is a perfect fit for the participant in me and the instructor in me. I absolutely love our people and how much our people embrace each other and take care of each other.
- I hold a 200 YTT (Yoga Teacher Certification) and started teaching Yoga for LP Fitness in February of 2020 and have been a member of LP Fitness since June of 2019. I have always felt at home at LP Fitness and I am forever thankful for all of the friendships and the great joy it brings to my life!
- Fun Fact: I have climbed 42 fourteen thousand foot mountains in Colorado. I have submitted 36 of the 42. I have a goal of submitting all of the fourteeners by the time I am sixty!
-When I am not working out or teaching, I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, riding my bike, cooking, and donating my time at the Youth Detention Center.
Becky Brockman - Administrative Assistant/Spiritual Advisor
- What got me into fitness was one day I just had an aha moment and knew I wanted to make a change not only for how I looked but just for better overall health. I have personally been on a weight loss journey so I get the challenge and dedication that comes with it! But now, being healthy is a lifestyle for me and something I am very passionate about.
- I have been doing bootcamps, group fitness classes and working out on my own since 2008. However, 2010 is when I got serious about my health and adjusted my nutrition with working out and lost my weight. The first couple of years of working out, I was so uneducated on health and fitness. I thought as long as I worked out, I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight, WRONG! When I first met Liza, I was obsessed with her classes. She actually made working out fun and I loved every second of it! Once she decided to start LP, I was so excited! LP is definitely the place I wish I had when I first started working out. The workouts are always unique and there is a huge amount of genuine support.
- Something that many people might not know about me is, I rather do 100 burpees than run 1 mile.
Thuy (twee) Pham - Administrative Assistant/Glam Squad/Paparazzi
- Fitness has always been important to me. It has been a lifesaver when it comes to keeping my emotional well being in check!
- I have been taking bootcamps and group fitness classes since 2009 and have been administrative staff at LP Fitness since February 2015. I absolutely love the mission and the style of training that Liza gives to each person who walks through her door.
- Fun fact about myself: I always have music on no matter where I am. Music is LIFE!!
- Besides working out, I love photography and makeup! I am a foodie and love, love eating. I also cherish time with my amazing family and friends.